The Church of St Mary and All Saints, Meare.
St Mary's Church, is part of the Church of England Glastonbury Benefice, with St John the Baptist and St Benedict's Churches in Glastonbury.
The building dates from 14th Century and has many historical features more detail of which can be found on the history pages.
Today it is a friendly village church and visitors always receive a warm welcome.
Sunday Services are held weekly at 11.00am. See the calendar for the latest information, but usually:
- 1st & 4th Sunday - Morning Service. This is an easy to follow service of hymns, readings and prayers.
- 2nd Sunday - Parish Communion.
- 3rd Sunday - Matins. The Common Prayer Book form of Morning Service, (though not in the 1662 version).
- 5th Sunday (where applicable) Joint Benfice Communion in one of the Churches, by rotation.
- Thursday 9.00am Morning Prayer is said in Church during the summer months.
Note: Although we attempt to keep this website calendar services entries up to date, the definitive schedule for the coming week is issued from the Benefice Office at Glastonbury where you can download the weekly news letter with all of the benefice churches schedules printed in it.
Ministers for the church are as follows:
- Vicar and Rural Dean: Rev David MacGeoch (01458 834281) (email@example.com) Note: Day off Monday.
Contacts for the church are as follows:
- Benefice Office: 01458 830060 (email). The office is open on varying days each week usually between 9am and 1pm.
Wardens for the church are as follows:
- Anne Lampson (01458 860730)
- Hilary Sage (01458 860197)